Friday, October 5, 2012

Self Portrait

Self Portrait by Christa Jane Pierce
Self Portrait a photo by Christa Jane Pierce on Flickr.
I'm getting better about being able to capture my own face! Slowly but surely.

This portrait is an experiment using formal elements to communicate a story, especially in line. I wanted this self portrait to reflect how lucky, special, happy, and important i felt while I was living in Bend, Oregon.

I used flowing, organic, rounded line to communicate a sense of wholeness. I used a crown to communicate importance, made it shaky and one dimensional to indicate that it is not very serious importance, and portrayed myself as smiling shyly to imply a kind of pleased gratefulness. I chose bold colors to reinforce that happiness, and put them on a largely neutral background so that they would pop.

No comments:

Post a Comment